1/4 MILE SPRINTS
The Greymouth Motorcycle Street Race committee are proud to present the Greymouth Aerodrome 1/4 Mile Timed Sprints. Saturday 21st of October 2023 at the Greymouth Aerodrome from 9AM. FREE for spectators, great viewing from around the aerodrome. Please note due to safety requirements only competitors will be allowed onto the aerodrome grounds.
Location: Greymouth Aerodrome, Aerodrome Road Greymouth - Sign in is between 8.15am and 8.45am.
Date: Saturday 21st of October 2023– 9:00AM - 1:00PM
MNZ permit number: TBA
Club: Greymouth Motorcycle Street Race Committee
Clerk of the course: Dave McNoe
MNZ Steward: Brad Stenhouse
Race Day Secretary: TBA
Machine Examiner: TBA
The event is open to all MNZ Licence holders and holders of a current NZTA motorcycle licence. NZTA Licence holders can only compete with the additional purchase of a one event day licence and club membership. The event will be run under the guidance and permit of Motorcycling New Zealand and will comply with the Manual of Motorcycle sport where applicable. Supplementary rules will be provided for specific machine and competitor requirements. Timing will be recorded with electronic or similar timing equipment.
MNZ Licence holders: $40
Non MNZ Licence holders: $60
GMSR Club Membership $10 (discounted membership fee)
MNZ Day Licence $25
Additional Entry Fee $15
A safety briefing will be given to competitors at approximately 9am as a group with individual briefings given by the race day secretary to competitors who enter the event after the initial briefing.
- Open to all Motorcycles (excludes 4 wheelers and trikes)
- Engine configuration and capacity is open
- All machines must pass a basic check as per the machine examiners check sheet
- All machines must be in good mechanical condition as determined by the machine examiner.
- Tyre's - open but must be of acceptable tread depth, treaded tyre's must be used if declared wet
- Brakes - a functioning front and rear brake is required
- Fuel – Pump Fuel only – No Alcohol fueled machines permitted
- Exhaust – must be securely fixed and meet the sound levels outlined in the MOMS
Quick shifters may be used
In the interest of safety, the organizers reserve the right to refuse any machine considered unsuitable or unsafe for the event.
- Helmet – must be an approved type and meet appropriate standards
- Gloves, boots – Must be of leather construction and in good condition
- Clothing - must be leather or Kevlar, either a one piece suit or 2 piece that zips together around the waist.
A back protector and chest protector meeting the requirements of rule 8.1b of the manual of motorcycle sport is required for all competitors and must be fitted correctly under riding gear. (We will have some on hand for those who don't have them)
No Alcohol on the aerodrome property
No Smoking on the aerodrome property
No Animals on the aerodrome property
Absolutely no wheel stands or burnouts – The club recognize that wheel stands will occur under the power of acceleration however show boating on the timed run or return run will not be tolerated. Any burn outs on the runway will result in immediate removal from the event and the Greymouth Motorcycle Street Race.